Welcome to BLOGical Thoughts
Tuesday, 4 May, 2016
When I was forced to accept credit and debit cards with RFID chips on them (which offer inherently less security than mag stripe), I thought things couldn't get worse. I thought that I could protect them being read by outside sources and I would never have to use them.
I was wrong. I went in to my least favorite big box store yesterday (the one that starts with a 'W') to get a couple of items. When I got to the checkout, I used my credit card and swiped the mag stripe. The reader refused my card. It insisted that I use the RFID chip on the card instead. And I didn't have my check book with me, so I couldn't write a check that they would immediately change into a debit transaction. Yet more reasons to stay away from those stores.
Why would anyone with an I.Q. above that of a slug, vote for someone whose first, last and only reasons for being are money and power? Note that definition does not include the well-being of his fellow citizens.
Why would anyone with an I.Q. above that of a snail, vote for someone whose only concern is being elected, instead of the well-being of her fellow citizens?
I urge you all to investigate the positions and philosophies of the Libertarian candidates.
Silly sign of the day:
Free/Open Source Software
- Appreciating the full power of open
- How to Install Cinnamon 3.0 Desktop Environment in Ubuntu 16.04 LTS
- Linus Torvalds Talks Careers in Linux and FOSS
- 5 Excellent Alternatives to Adobe Acrobat Reader DC
- 7 Tools to Encrypt/Decrypt and Password Protect Files in Linux
- 6 Tools to Manage Your Linux Clipboard
- What makes React so special?
- Open Source ImageMagick Security Bug Puts Sites at Risk
- Unity 8 Won't Be the Default Desktop Session for Ubuntu 16.10 (Yakkety Yak)
- Xubuntu 16.04 - not for Linux beginners
- Fedora-Based Sugar on a Stick Is One Sweet Desktop
- Linux or Bust: Why Businesses Can't Ignore This Growing Trend
Security Theater/"Intellectual Property"/Big Brother
- McDonalds testing new Chicken McNugget, with 32 ingredients presumably including chicken
- EFF and ACLU Expose Government's Secret Stingray Use in Wisconsin Case
- House Passes Bill Requiring Search Warrants to Access Your Old Emails
- Spy Chief Complains That Edward Snowden Sped Up Spread of Encryption by 7 Years
- Senators play terror card to lobby public for backdoor crypto legislation
- The U.S. just labeled Switzerland an internet piracy haven
- The Fourth Amendment and the Fruit of the Poisonous Tree
- The government wants fingerprints to unlock phones
- Trump Is So a Republican, Hillary Is Such a Disaster & Libertarians Matter More Than Ever
- Hack a car in Michigan, go to prison for life if new bill becomes law
- Huge data breach sees millions of Gmail, Hotmail and Yahoo Mail account details stolen