Welcome to BLOGical Thoughts
Tuesday, 5 May 2015
I am working on publishing my gdvdslides video slideshow program. I hope to have it all done and uploaded here by this Saturday, when I will be demoing the program at the Spokane Linuxfest. The Linuxfest will be held at Spokane Falls Community College in Spokane.
I showed my '52 Plymouth at the Street Tin Car Show on Sunday. They have now outgrown their space and will be looking for a new venue. At least 5 or 6 Phuddy Duddy Cruisers won awards at the show. I really enjoyed it.
On Monday, I went to the cruise-in at Paul Bunyons and there were 34 cars there. The classic car stuff is starting to heat up, along with the weather.
Silly sign of the day:
Free/Open Source Software
- Announcing the Birth of Hurd
- Linux is an operating system for all ages
- What are the differences between Linux distributions?
- Final Numbers on LinuxFest Northwest, Riding Hurd on Debian & More...
- Five more operating systems for the Raspberry Pi 2
- 5 ways to promote an inclusive environment where good ideas can emerge
- Relax, it's just Ubuntu 15.04. AARGH! IT'S FULL OF SYSTEMD!!
- Coders With Bad Attitudes
- 100 Essential Free Apps
- FOSSers Puzzle Over Significance of Open Source .Net Core
- LXLE Linux - revive that old PC!
- Knoppix Topics: An interview with Linux pioneer Klaus Knopper
Security Theater/"Intellectual Property"
- Computer scientist/Congressman: crypto backdoors are "technologically stupid," DA is "offensive"
- Why Does The US Patent Office Keep Approving Clearly Ridiculous Patents?
- Journalists shouldn't lose their rights in their move to private platforms
- This is the latest way employers mask age bias, lawyers say
- Our New IP Czar Gives His First Speech... And It Is Not Encouraging At All
- Group with Plymouth hotel wrote to Sussex village to order them to stop using their name - A 1,000 year-old village, too.
- Sneaky free Android apps are secretly tracking your every move
- How the NSA Converts Spoken Words Into Searchable Text
- Judge Calls Prenda an "Ingenious Crooked Extortionate Operation"