Welcome to BLOGical Thoughts
Monday, 2 March 2015
It is now March, so I am going to produce the version 2 release of the Camp-Cook.com cookbook. I have been updating the base version of the cookbook each time new recipes appear on the web site, so it should not be a big task to produce the PDF and EPUB versions of the document. There will be over 1,200 recipes in over 600 pages of text.
I started to add some extra functionality to the hours/minutes/seconds calculator, but I got lost in the convoluted way I originally wrote the thing. So I decided to write the program over again and base it on Reverse Polish Notation (instead of algebraic notation), which is my prefered calculator type. I spent a day and a half creating the program, and here is what it looks like.
RPN is much, much easier to implement than algebraic notation, believe me. Either that, or I learned a lot more about programming in 20 years. This version of the calculator even handles negative values and values greater than 24 hours. Since the program is complete, I am now going back and documenting the source code, as well as adding some help to the program itself.
Silly sign of the day:
Free/Open Source Software
- Writebox Review - The Best Distraction-Free Text Editor
- Pocket-watch style smartphone runs Firefox OS
- Easily Find Out Which Process Is Using Too Much Bandwidth in Linux
- 4 tips for breaking into an open source community
- Snowden's favourite Linux - Tails - rushes sec-fix version to market
- Raspberry Pi python supercomputer
- Ubuntu Touch Is Being Ported for OnePlus One Phones
- Pi Glove interview
- Review: Simplicity Linux 15.4 alpha
- An $89 Computer With Ubuntu Preinstalled
Security Theater/"Intellectual Property"
- Pot-smoking moms birth crack babies says Fox News medical expert - What a
- Paypal Cuts Off Mega Because It Actually Keeps Your Files Secret
- Forget that cloak Harry Potter, AVG announces invisibility glasses
- Man gets life in prison for selling $20 worth of weed to undercover cop
- We Now Know The NSA And GCHQ Have Subverted Most (All?) Of The Digital World: So Why Can't We See Any Benefits?
- Pharming Attack Targets Home Router DNS Settings
- City of Cleveland: 12-year-old Tamir Rice caused his own death by failing to 'avoid injury'
- US Court Rules That Kim Dotcom Is A 'Fugitive' And Thus DOJ Can Take His Money
- Thanks For the Net Neutrality, Oligarchs
- How I requested my photographs from the Department of Homeland Security