Welcome to BLOGical Thoughts
Wednesday, 1 July 2015
I sometimes pity my father and sister, since they live in Lake Havasu City, AZ in the summer. This summer, the temperatures here are nearly equivalent to there, though. We have been in the 90's and low 100's here for quite a while and there is no relief in site. Estimated 94° F today and 97° F tomorrow. Last Saturday we were above 100° F.
I am still doing stuff on the '49 Plymouth. On Monday, I took it down to an automotive shop to have them look at the drive train. I suspected that the U-joints were bad, and I was right. I have ordered replacements from oldmoparts.com. Since I don't have the tools to install them myself, I will have the automotive shop do that.
Silly sign of the day:
Free/Open Source Software
- The top 10 leaders driving open-source tech
- Open Source History: Why Didn't BSD Beat Out GNU and Linux?
- How To Install Newly Released Programming Language Rust 1.1 Stable On Linux
- 6 time-consuming tasks you can automate with code
- Linux Top 3: Linux Mint Rafaela, OpenMandriva Lx 2014.2 and VectorLinux 7.1
- An Everyday Linux User Review Of Debian Jessie
- Media player mini-PC runs Android on 64-bit octa-core SoC
- NoSQL and the next generation of big data
- Mageia 5 Linux Distro Offers New Tools, Improved Stability
- Linux Mint 17.2 "Rafaela" MATE Officially Released - Screenshot Tour
- Linux as a lifestyle
Security Theater/"Intellectual Property"
- Expired Bogus Patent On Basic Computer Firewall Now Being Used To Shake Down Lots Of Companies
- Cybersquatting lawsuit filed over domain name registered 16 years before plaintiff's use
- When governments sue public-records requesters
- Texas Town Is Charging Us $79,000 for Emails About Pool Party Abuse Cop
- NSA -- Despite Claiming It Doesn't Engage In Economic Espionage -- Engaged In Economic Espionage
- Surveillance Court Rules That N.S.A. Can Resume Bulk Data Collection
- You are free to crowdfund: Kickstarter wins its first patent case
- US Customs and Border Protection: America's largest, most corrupt police force
- In high-stakes copyright suit, Cox’s "top infringers" beg for privacy
- What We Call Security Isn’t Really Security