I am going to update the hardware for my normal workstation. Right now, it has 2GB of RAM and an AMD Athlon 64 3800+ processor. That means it is pretty old.
I will replace the motherboard with one that has an AMD Phenom II X4 Quad-core CPU and 8GB of RAM. I was looking for an Intel i7 motherboard, but all that hardware is just too pricy for me.
There will be no posts here until next Monday. I hope everyone has a good Independence Day. I know I will.
Here are the two bola ties I made up the other day
Silly sign of the day:
Free/Open Source Software
- The Last Big Lie
- Mozilla and Partners Prepare to Launch First Firefox OS Smartphones
- KDE 4.10: Thoughts after nearly a week
- Fedora 19, Schrödinger’s Cat, lives
- SUSE working on using kexec, hibernation on secure boot
- Meet the next open-source stars
- Startup unleashes low-cost, secure, IoT cloud service
- Intel Releases System Studio Extended For Linux
- Four tips to transition your open source project into a viable business
- Go Read – An Open Source Google Reader project
- Guayadeque Music Player’s an Impressive Featherweight