I got the battery in my Honda Hybrid replaced yesterday. The check engine light and the IMA light are no longer on, so that’s a good thing. It cost me nothing, so that’s a very good thing. It turns out my estimate of $1,000 for the repair was a tad low. The estimated cost for the battery is in the neighborhood of $4,000 and total cost would have been about $5,000. So, I give many thanks to Honda for stepping up to this. If I ever buy another new car, I will definitely look at Hondas again.
I have gotten a request for an EPUB version of the cookbook I did for the camp-cook.com web site. I will be spending the next however-many days converting the cookbook over from a LibreOffice document to an EPUB document. Right now, I am currently working on the Side Dishes section of the EPUB document.
Silly sign of the day:
Free/Open Source Software
- Is Last.FM’s New Linux App A Hit?
- Did a fear of Linux spark Microsoft’s investment in Dell?
- Survey Reveals Some Open Source Surprises
- What about the elderly?
- Raspberry Pi on a diet: New skimpier, cheaper model on sale
- Site plagiarizes blog posts, then files DMCA takedown on originals
- Carmack would be stunned by mainstream Linux gaming support
- EFF to help defend against troll with “podcasting patent” – granted in 2012
- Calligra 2.6 office suite gains e-book tool
- Native(ish) Netflix!
- John Carmack: “Improving Wine better than native ports”
- GNOME developers plan “Linux apps”
- Windows 3.1: Geeks’ New Choice for Graphics?
- 5 Best Turn-based Strategy Games for Android