Monday, 4 February, 2013

Since I am having problems with my Raspberry Pi file and bit torrent server, I decided to start from scratch. I downloaded the latest Raspbian O/S image, then copied it to an SD card and plugged that into the RPi. The image crashed during startup. So I copied the Raspbian image I initially used onto the SD card and started it up. It worked fine, or so I thought.

After the O/S was running, I ran the configuration utility and configured the O/s the way I originally had it. I then tried to do an upgrade, and that failed. I tried getting all this working again the whole weekend and have not gotten back to where it was ready to install the file server. I suspect that the SD card I thought was working fine with the RPi is not working so fine, so I will go down today and get a better SD card.


 

Silly sign of the day:


 

Free/Open Source Software