I continued looking at Sabayon Linux 8 yesterday. I had not finished the upgrade, so I started that. Imagine my surprise when the system complained of not enough disk space (I had allocated 8 GB for a virtual disk). So I left the virtual machine, erased it and recreated it with a 12 GB virtual disk. The problem is now that the install will not boot. So I will have to install it yet again.
All the snow we got on Wednesday mostly melted on Thursday, as it was a pretty nice day. It was supposed to snow, but it didn’t – it got delayed until right now. Still, I expect the weekend will be cool and dry, and some time next week we will soar into the 70’s for a day. This means I will have to get some road fill and fill the potholes in my driveway next week.
Silly sign of the day:
Free/Open Source Software
- The Open Source Commandments: 2012 Edition
- The State of Linux Wireless. Is it better yet?
- LibreOffice 3.5.2 Fixes Lots of Bugs
- 15 New Wallpapers Land in Ubuntu 12.04
- KDE 5.0: 4 Things We Want To See
- 2 years with Linux: Five Things to know about Linux
- Pros Tips for Extending LibreOffice
- Five alternatives to Raspberry Pi
- 6 Dropbox Tips and Tricks for Linux Users
- Protect Linux from cold boot attacks with TRESOR
- LibreOffice OnLine Will Be A Real Competitor To Microsoft Office 365
- A turning point for GNU libc
- A Billion Dollar Reason Why Linux Works
- Smart Diagram Effortlessly Produces Professional-Looking Results