I spent most of last night re-typing the glossary of soccer terms, so I can display it in the soccer program. I had to retype it instead of copying and pasting, as the way it was incorporated into the old program’s help file prevented me from copying. The glossary is now a web page in the new help system, so I have finished that part.
I am also in the middle of moving the North Idaho Mineral Club web site to a new web host. The old host, 1 & 1, really, really sucks. We had the domain name registered through them, as well as their hosting our web site. When we canceled the hosting part, they also canceled the domain registration. The reason we are moving in the first place is that they don’t allow content management systems to be installed. They kind of act like the Microsoft of web hosts; you know – “we know better than you what you want to do”. If they’re trying to be user friendly, they have failed miserably.
I spent another part of last night trying to straighten out their screw-up. I will have to finish that this morning. I’m just going to transfer the domain to a reasonable domain registrar, if I can. At this point, anything is possible.
Silly sign of the day:
Free/Open Source Software
- Ubuntu 10.10 release set
- Intro to jEdit: A Programmer’s Text Editor
- The question is, ‘Should I try OpenBSD/FreeBSD?’
- Copying Debian package selections to a new machine
- Ubuntu 10.10 to feature Windows, iPhone & Android syncingâ€¦
- 12 Unique Blender Tutorials Every Blender Enthusiast Should Know Of
- Banshee 1.8 Brings Amazon MP3 Support Back to Linux
- Ubuntu’s Real Contribution to Free Software
- Three Forks in the Road for FOSS
“It’s Mine, and You Have to Pay (and Pay and Pay) For It”
- Warner Bros. Claims That Annoying Customers With 28-Day Rental Delay Is Working
- Surrendering a Gene Patent: An International Twist in Myriad Debate
- ACTA Analysis: You Can’t Craft A Reasonable Agreement When You Leave Out Stakeholders
- Commerce Seeks Comment on Protecting Copyrighted Works on the Internet
- Gene Simmons Says Sue Your Fans, Take Their Homes; So Why Hasn’t He?
- Seventh Circuit Tosses Beverly Stayart’s False Endorsement Claims
- More Comics About Copyright
Local and Other News
- US Intelligence Agencies Angry At France Over Three Strikes; Worried It Will Drive Encryption Usage
- The Return of Debtorâ€™s Prison
- Why Software is Abstract
- Drive-by malware blocked by new BLADE software
- Computer health certificates for surfing the Internet? Are you serious?
- Windows XP no more