I found the database program I used to extract information from the Delphi program’s database. It was on a hard drive that was mounted on one of my systems, but was not mounted in the VM I was using to look for the program. Both of those items are Windows 2000, and I thought I had set up so that disk would be mounted. Obviously, it wasn’t.
Now all I have to do is create some SQL statements that will create the tables. For that, I need to examine the structure of the old database and create that structure in the new one. That should not be too hard. The hard part will be finding the time this weekend to do this.
This will be a busy weekend. The Rathdrum Dutch oven workshop will happen on Saturday and will basically be an all-day affair. Lost in the 50′s up in Sandpoint starts today and continues through Sunday. I plan to go up there on Sunday. So that pretty much takes care of the weekend.
Silly sign of the day:
Free/Open Source Software
- Five Best Linux Netbook OSes – for Now
- How to Become Linus Torvalds
- Manage Your Money with Simple Invoices
- Top 50 Open Source Blogs
- Social From the Start
- CloudLinux: Catching On With Hosting Partners?
- 5 Browsers Youâ€™ve Never Heard Of
- Four Nerds and a Cry to Arms Against Facebook
- Diaspora, The Open Facebook Alternative, Soars Past $50,000 In Micro-Funding
- Making Movies in Linux with Kdenlive
- Ubuntu Lucid checkup â€” my now-healthy desktop
- Ubuntu Learns New Tricks, Forgets Some Old Ones With Lucid Lynx Upgrade
“It’s Mine, and You Have to Pay (and Pay and Pay) For It”
- UK Court Says Software Company Can Be Liable For Buggy Software
- Hollywood backs Viacom in Google legal fight
- Subway To Everyone Else: Stop Selling ‘Footlong’ Sandwiches
- Hollywood Gets Injunction To Disconnect The Pirate Bay
- Houlihan Smithâ€™s Phony Invocation of Trademark Law Fails to Keep Criticism off the Web
- Apple patent filing portends Google ad war
- Court Won’t Move Patent Lawsuit Out Of East Texas, Despite Plaintiff’s ‘Ephemeral’ Connection To Texas
Local and Other News
- VA Continues Its Annual Tradition Of Losing Laptop With Unencrypted Sensitive Data
- Goldman Sachs Defending “Hot News” Claim in New York Court
- Single group did 66% of world’s phishing
- Papers, Please
- Facebook ID theft Mr Big just a sprat, says social network
- The laser turns 50