I have decided to go to LinuxFest Northwest in Bellingham, WA next month. I almost went to last year’s LinuxFest, but something got in the way. This year, I have almost the entire year planned out, and this was included in my plans.
The only problem I have had with this decision is trying to find out exactly where in Bellingham the thing was being held. Usually when someone does an event like this, they provide the following on the site home page: who, what, when, where and why. The ‘where’ portion on their web page just says Bellingham, WA. Well, Bellingham is a big town – couldn’t they narrow that down a bit? Instead of my having to spend 20 minutes on their web site trying to find out that it will be held at Bellingham Technical College? That information was in a tier 3 page, with an unobtrusive link only from the Logistics page.
Despite my problems with their information about where the LinuxFest will be held, I am sure I will enjoy it. I intend to take my teardrop trailer over there and camp out at a campground close to the event. I hope the weather is nice.
I may end up at an auction tonight. I have been monitoring their web site for months now, and this is the first time I think I may actually participate. I have stopped by there on the way home from work several times, when a picture on their web site grabs my attention. The pictures have always been more interesting the the actual items, but maybe this time will be different.
Silly sign of the day:
Free/Open Source Software
- Virtual Linux
- Time For Ubuntu to Fork Evolution
- Selecting an Open Source Operating System
- Beginnerâ€™s Guide to Git
- Valve Is Not Commenting On Steam, Source Engine For Linux
- Why Use GRUB2? Good Question! (part 3)
- Commercial Gaming, Coming Soon to Linux?
- The Linux Foundation Store: Linux gets silly
- Ubuntu Server: The Linux OS Dark Horse
- Prototype $200 Tablet Runs Android, Chromium OS, Linux
“It’s Mine, and You Have to Pay (and Pay and Pay) For It”
- Leaked Documents Show UK Web Censorship Proposal Written By Record Labels
- Obama Reiterates Support For Finishing ACTA
- Because Only The Record Labels Are Supposed To Get Away With Not Paying Their Musicians…
- Pink Floyd Beats EMI in Creativity Flap
- European Parliament slams digital copyright treaty
- Is This The Most Exciting Time Ever For Book Lovers?
- Keeping the Score
- Brazil Moves Forward With Plan To Ignore US Patents And Copyrights After US Refuses To Abide By WTO Ruling
Local and Other News
- Five Lies About the American Economy
- Where’s The Outrage Over The Gov’t Brushing Mass Privacy Violations Under The Rug?
- One-third of orphaned Zeus botnets find way home
- Lithium or hydrogen bike? Choose your steed
- Design firm accuses Mozilla of UI plagiarism
- Assemblyman seeking to ban all salt in restaurant cooking
- 0-day exploits for IE flaw another reason to switch to IE8
- Ultimate Laptop Buying Guide
- 10 ways you might be breaking the law with your computer