I am still working on the documentation for gdvdslides. It is slow work to completely document the actions of each control in a program. And after I do that, I have a tutorial to write, too. At least it kept me from recompiling the program last night.
If you want to get an eBook reader, don’t get the Cooler Reader. The device is nice and works well, until it breaks and you have to get it fixed. I sent it back to be fixed and they have had it for over three months. I send them emails and they say they will ship it. I don’t believe that. I believe they took my $250 and ran. I also believe I will have to take action to attempt to get my money back.
Too bad. It’s the only reader out there that supports so many eBook formats and does not support DRM.
Silly sign of the day:
Free/Open Source Software
- My life with Linux: the daily ups and downs of switching to open source
- Linuxâ€™s Growing Pains
- The old vs. the new Linux desktop
- Add,Modify and Delete Users and Groups in Ubuntu (Using GUI)
- Linux Contractor Fired for Using Firefox/Linux
- The Linux consultant: The Maytag repairman of the IT world
- Manage Photos with Shotwell
- Tech Data Launches Open Source Program
“It’s Mine, and You Have to Pay (and Pay and Pay) For It”
- Wi-Fi Network Shuttered By MPAA Re-Opens
- Britney Spears, Justin Timberlake, Others Sued For Patent Infringement For Appearing Larger Than Life
- Mainstream Press Waking Up To The News That Musicians Are Making More Money
- Information Should Not Be Free… Says InfoWorld Columnist That You Can Read For Free
- Implications of rejecting “intellectual property”
- Viacom’s top lawyer: suing P2P users “felt like terrorism”
- Verizon Communications is now sending MPAA notices to accused pirates.
- Apple Patent Could Embed Ads in OS
Local and Other News
- American Airlines Fires Designer Who Reached Out To Disgruntled Customer
- Bush Feared Successor Might Revoke Telco Spy Immunity
- Judge Dredd ‘Black Box’ recorder/spy kit for guns unveiled
- Researcher Hacks Twittter Using SSL Vulnerability
- Dell PCs cram multimedia power into tiny package
- Murdoch: Google is mortal and together we can kill it
- Can the UK have its identity strategy back, Mr President?
- Adobe Launches Flash Player 10.1, AIR 2 Betas