I will have a busy weekend. I will be going to the North Idaho Linux Users Group technical meeting on Saturday, and will be installing a large hard drive and a card reader in the un-dead computer on Sunday (that is, if its owner calls me about that).
I am still hooking things up in the GUI for dvd-slideshow, but here are a few images. When you open a new slideshow, you are presented with the Slideshow Settings dialog:
This is the main window. I have added some images and a few transition effects to it as a sample.
This dialog is used to create the transition effects. It can also add a background change and a titlebar to the slideshow.
I’m almost to the point where I have to write the code to save all this information in a text file and execute the text file with dvd-slideshow.
Silly sign of the day:
Free/Open Source Software
- Review: Easy Peasy Linux 1.5
- What’s New In Ubuntu 9.10 “Karmic Koala”
- Ubuntuâ€™s Encrypted Home Directory: A Canonical Approach to Data Privacy
- LXer Book Review: Pro Linux System Administration
- 11 of the Best Free Linux PDF Tools
- Ars takes a first look under the hood of Fedora 12
- Avant Window Navigator (AWN) 0.4 Beta Available – See What’s New [Linux]
- xPUD: Floating On The Cloud
“It’s Mine, and You Have to Pay (and Pay and Pay) For It”
- Prosecutors Subpoena Tons Of Info On Student Journalists Who Provided Information To Reopen Murder Case
- AP Convinces Newspaper That Watermark Will Stop Mythical Evil Copiers
- If Per Byte Pricing Is ‘Only Fair’ Why Have Telcos Ditched It For Mobile Data Plans?
- Singers Challenge Lily Over Download Debate
- Is P2P Dead? Not So Fast
- Pro-Stronger Copyright Propaganda Shows Up In Canadian Press
- As The FTC Goes After Bloggers, Doctors Making Millions Promoting Drugs With Little Oversight
- France Agrees To Kick File Sharers Off The Internet Again; Lobbyists Call It ‘Consumer Relief’
- Chamber Of Commerce Uses DMCA Claim Against Yes Men Prank Site
Local and Other News
- Craigslist Eludes Sheriff Dart, Thanks to CDA Section 230 Immunity
- Windows 7 lessons – the must know before you buy
- Five Ways Windows 7 Could Become another Vista
- More signs Hulu subscription service is coming
- Congressional commission focuses on China’s cyberwar capability
- Suzuki unwraps Mini-like plug-in hybrid
- European Internet sinking fast under 3-strikes proposals