I did a bunch of chores around the house last night, including making my Jello surprise salad/dessert for for a potluck dinner I will be attending tonight. So if you are looking for computer-oriented comments: sorry, I can’t help today.
I will be doing some Dutch oven cooking on Saturday, as the city of Rathdrum celebrates the refurbishing of the newly restored Old Original Kootenai County Jail.
Silly sign of the day:
Free/Open Source Software
- Why FreeBSD 8 Won’t Rewrite the Book
- Linux Games: Eschalon Book I
- Find out what RAM type you have in Linux
- Back In Time â€“ A Simple backup tool for ubuntu
- GNOME’s Zeitgeist Engine Has Its First Release
- UbuntuOne in the cloud
- Agencies open up to open-source software
- Netbook UI, photo management coming to Banshee media player
- Ubuntuâ€™s Karmic Koala Needs You!
“It’s Mine, and You Have to Pay (and Pay and Pay) For It”
- FBI charges satellite descramblers under DMCA
- New Zealand proposes new “3 strikes” process for P2P users
- Swedish ISP to appeal file sharing verdict
- Plato And The RIAA Have Some Views In Common: Gov’t Should Stop Remixes
- Songwriters Guild Boss Claims Songwriters Can’t Write Without Copyright
- The tragedy of the Creative Commons
- Brits don’t think musicians should be paid
Local and Other News
- Protect Your Laptop Data From Everyone, Even Yourself
- Warrantless wiretaps just the tip of the (classified) iceberg
- BMW to ride in with 115-mile range e-scooter?
- Microsoft to Open Retail Stores Next to Appleâ€™s