Friday, 1 May, 2009

I started refactoring the database for the sports program last night. I have eliminated three tables so far, and have added information to it that I forgot to add before. I also changed the name of some fields to be more descriptive. So I am well on my way to completing the first item on my Mantis bug list. Note that it is marked as a feature there, not as a bug. Mantis is just a handy way to keep track of what is going on.

As I have mentioned before, I am doing this Windows development in a Windows 2000 Professional virtual machine. Mantis runs in Linux on my workstation. I access Mantis from the VM using Firefox. It works really well, even though it takes some getting used to. I am used to using Bugzilla.


I hope to get some outdoor work done over the weekend, if I don’t get sidetracked doing work on the sports program. I need a bunch of fill dirt to put up against the part of the house where we dug up to replace the drainage system. I also need some material to put in front of the garage, where the drive has been eroded or moved (via snowplow). Plus I need to just do general cleanup. Looks like a fun weekend. 8-)


Silly sign of the day:


Free/Open Source Software

“It’s Mine, and You Have to Pay (and Pay and Pay) For It”

Local and Other News