I have completed uploading and setting up web pages for the pictures I have taken so far this year. The first set is for Car d’Lane 2008. This is a car show held on the streets in downtown Coeur d’Alene.
The second set of pictures comes from the 10th Northwest Spring Fling, which is a teardrop trailer gathering held on Memorial Day weekend in Morton, WA.
The final set of pictures is from the 4th of July Teardrop Fun at Carnation, WA. which is held on The 4th of July weekend.
I got my Honda Civic Hybrid back from dealer service. They had it for 2 1/2 weeks. I took it in for an oil change and for recall service on the transmission. It turns out there were two kinds of recalls on the transmission. One required replacing parts of the transmission. They did that and that did not solve my problems. So they went the second route, which was replacing the entire transmission. I ended up paying for the oil change and got the transmission replacement for free. I am now getting in the mid-50’s mpg, which is what it should be. I was getting 49 mpg.
Silly sign of the day:
Free/Open Source Software
- Dell is serious about Ubuntu: Launches first consumer Linux PCs
- Ubuntu hits new high in Linux boredom
- 10 + 2 things youâ€™ll get with Ubuntu 8.10 â€œIntrepid Ibexâ€
- Critical Week for Canonical and Ubuntu Linux
- The Importance of Purity on the Linux Desktop
- Top 5 Awesome Linux Distro Upgrades Coming Out in Second Half of 2008
- A Detailed Explanation Of How The BSA Misleads With Piracy Stats
- BSA: Software piracy’s ‘tragic’ impact on US society
- MPAA: DVR-blocking about “multibillion-dollar theft problem”
- BSA: pirated software taking cops off the street, costs jobs
- Universal Says DMCA Takedown Notices Can Ignore ‘Fair Use’
Stupid Patent Tricks, Copyright and Other IP Nonsense
- Digital preservation and copyright law
- Ubisoft Steals â€˜No-CD Crackâ€™ to Fix Rainbox 6: Vegas 2
- Of Apple, Psystar users, and copyright
- Bar code patent invalidated, another notch on EFF’s belt
- Copyright: so complex, here’s a slide rule to decode it
- iPhone App Maker Gets Hit With Major League Cease and Desist
- FSF organizes against Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement
Liberty and Security/Our Rights
- Why ISP’s ‘Stand’ Against Child Porn Is Actually Not A Stand Against Child Porn
- Malware bad guys tout new trojan guaranteed to evade filters
- US cyberspying fears hang over Beijing Olympics
- Terrorism Funds May Let Brass Fly in Style
- Rendering public opinion irrelevant
Other News/Public Stupidity
- HP shatters excessive packaging world record
- Microsoft: Its Partyâ€™s Over
- Is SCO finally dead?
- GOP cyber-security expert suggests Diebold tampered with 2002 election
- Dinosaur Sighting: Microsoft Bob
- Political harmony v. the rule of law: an easy choice for the political establishment
- SpaceShipOne firm to build DARPA’s Heliplane