I had a choice last night of searching for news articles for this blog, or working on my Plymouth. I chose to work on the car.
The Service manual for the car lists a lot of special tools you are supposed to need to work on it. Like a steering wheel tool and a tool to remove and install door handles. I bought an $11 universal steering wheel puller and a small punch, and both of those special tool jobs were covered.
I am close to having the steering wheel ready for the epoxy treatment. The epoxy I will use is called PC-7 and it’s more like a paste than the slow running epoxy I have used before. It can be molded and its set time is measured in hours instead of minutes. I will take before, during and after pictures of the wheel and display them here when I get to the point of applying the epoxy.
I am working my way through a book called Eclipse Distilled. It describes how to use the Eclipse IDE when creating Java programs. I have already been using Eclipse for a while now, but the book will help me understand what Eclipse can do and will help me find better ways to use it to help me in my job.
Silly sign of the day:
Free/Open Source Software
- ProcessMaker uses open source inside and out
- Not Just a Flash in the Pan
- Microsoft Free – One year later
- High flyer hangs hat on open source
- Survey: Open source is entering the enterprise mainstream
- OiNK Pre-Releasers Accused of Conspiracy To Defraud Music Industry
- Epic fail: FCC gives Tucson a “failing station” TV duopoly
- Six quizzed over music downloads
- N.Y. takes piracy battle underground
- The entertainment industry is watching you
Stupid Patent Tricks, Copyright and Other IP Nonsense
- ‘Expelled’ fair use upheld
- Supreme Court Refuses To Hear Baseball Appeal; MLB Still Doesn’t Get To Own Facts
- Yahoo Sued by Indian Music Company for Copyright Infringment
- It’s Baaaaaack. Canadian DMCA On The Way
- Who Cares Whose Footprints Those Are In The Sand… The Real Question Is Who Gets The Copyright?
- Barracuda Sneakwrap has a Nasty Bite
Liberty and Security/Our Rights
- Gun T-shirt ‘was a security risk’
- Revision3 CEO: No Suit Against MediaDefender In The Works
- US security: visitors must give 72 hours’ notice
- Microsoft Warns of Apple Flaw
- Why Is Security a Software Issue?
Other News/Public Stupidity
- omemade “SciFi Channel” for classic sf video online
- Could the eeePC end up being Microsoft’s trojan horse?
- Asus Officially Launches New Eee PCs: Better Batteries and WiMax
- Developers of New “Superlattice Structure” Lithium Battery Announce Boost in Electric Car Range