I had no trouble at all installing Debian Linux on the computer that already contains Vector Linux and Linux Mint. It slipped right in just like the others. On the other hand, I downloaded a fresh copy of Foresight Linux and it still would not install on that box. At this late date, it seems that some distros still have problems with some computers.
The computer in question is not unusual. It is an AMD Athlon 64 box with an ASUS motherboard and an NVidia video card. No other Linux distro seems to object to that combination, but Foresight Linux still can’t find the image of itself on that box’s DVD drive. I will no longer attempt to install it.
I finished the outline for the Dutch oven seminar, and emailed to my co-presenter. I am waiting for any comments he has on the outline. I hope that I have covered all the necessary topics. We really needed an outline, as the last two times we presented the information, we were just kind of winging it.
Silly sign of the day:
Free/Open Source Software
- The Perfect Desktop – Fedora 9
- Wine 1.0 release status
- Will Every Linux Distro Soon Look the Same?
- First release candidate of Firefox 3 arrives
- Senate Blocks FCC Rule Change, White House Threatens Veto
- The Pirate Bay Enters List of 100 Most Popular Webites
- TorrentSpy Looses MPAA Copyright Case
- Movie moguls and musicians line up to sink Pirate Bay
- RIAA Successfully Countersued In P2P Case
- According to RIAA, Ripping Your CDs is Illegal
Stupid Patent Tricks, Copyright and Other IP Nonsense
- Can We Send A Moron In A Hurry With A Mini Golf Club Over To Monster Cable?
- US Postal mail rate hikes screw micro-publishers: Thanks, Time Warner!
- Criminalizing ToS Violations
- MySpace spammers given largest fine in CAN-SPAM history
- Microsoft Pays $367 Million To Alcatel Lucent
- What Is A Fair Copyright Term?
Liberty and Security/Our Rights
- Shops secretly track customers via mobile phone
- Senators Ask FBI to Explain Flawed ‘National Security Letter’ to Internet Archive
- ‘Secure’ PayPal page is… you guessed it
- Spy in the sky banned in Europe
- Does FEMA need more power?
Other News/Public Stupidity
- Five misunderstood Vista features
- OLPC’s a con – former insider
- Microsoft Stockholder? Take Stock in This…