I have discovered that the cover for the clutch master cylinder on my truck is gone. I could not get one this weekend and I will order it today (if they still make them). I doubt if putting the cap back on will make any difference in the situation – the truck will not move at all at this point.
We had a very good Linux users group meeting, but it’s starting to turn into a ham radio meeting, too. We need to attract more people with varied interests. Maybe a giveaway booth somewhere would help. We could hand out free copies of Ubuntu or Kubuntu and a flyer about the meetings.
Silly sign of the day:
Free/Open Source Software
- Ruby, Ruby on Rails Gain Steam
- Consumer Darwinism and the Rise of FOSS
- State of Affairs: The Linux Girlfriend Project – Two Months In The Trenches
- Lenovo finally delivers SUSE Linux-based ThinkPads
- How Do You Install Linux Applications?
- Tweaking Everex’s $199 TC2502 Green PC and gOS
- What Led to the OLPC-Intel Split?
- EMI to exit IFPI
- EFF Files Brief In Howell Case, Says ‘Making Available’ Is Not Infringement
- RIAA Continues War Against University Students
- RIAA takes shady stand on CD ripping
- Can the RIAA Sue for Attempted Copyright Infringement?
Stupid Patent Tricks, Copyright, DRM and Other IP Nonsense
- DRM Is Dead, But Watermarks Rise From Its Ashes
- Google to Jarg: We didn’t infringe, and your patents stink
- Eco-Patent Commons shares earth-friendly tech
- Sony’s “TransferJet” to take on Bluetooth 3.0
- Pirate leader Falkvinge: “Our enemy has no intellectual capital to bring to the battle”
Liberty and Security/Our Rights
- Poisoned MySpace page masquerades as Windows Update
- Mass web infection leaves researcher scratching her head
- Chertoff on final Real ID rules: “Reconfiguring our society” – or “Welcome to our Police State”
- DHS Hands Down Final Real ID Regulations
- TSA security flaws exposed users to risk of identity theft
Other News/Public Stupidity