I listen to a lot of podcasts – from technical shows to shows on Harry Potter to science fiction shows. I download a new set of podcasts every morning and upload them to my iRiver. I then listen to them at work while I am programming.
The producers of the Escape Pd science fiction short story podcast have done something bad to their podcasts. Instead of picking up just the latest podcast from them, I am faced with downloading 40 or 50 podcasts that I have already listened to. I’m not very happy about that, as how do you separate the wheat from the chaff? I was lucky yesterday to recognize that one of those files was a new short story. I guess I will have to look at my podcast program and see if I can prevent the attempted download of so many files I have already listened to.
Silly sign of the day:
Free/Open Source Software
- Vista versus The Gutsy Gibbon – Ubuntu 7.10
- GIMP 2.4 preview
- Where are the American Linux desktop users?
- Open source software is for home networking
- Microsoft ‘Protects’ Japanese Linux Vendor
- Linux’s Colonel Of The Kernel Andrew Morton: ‘Fix More Bugs’
- Who’s More Ethical: TorrentSpy Or The MPAA?
- Police, IFPI make bacon of OiNK BitTorrent tracker
- Revisiting TorrentSpy vs MPAA: A Hacker Speaks
- Studios against plug-and-play
- Don’t Tread on Us, States Tell FCC’s Martin
Stupid Patent Tricks, Copyright, DRM and Other IP Nonsense
- IBM patents making money from patents
- Is ACTA the New WIPO?
- Comcast shooting itself in the foot with traffic shaping “explanations”
- Wal-Mart fires warning shots over Black Friday sales price leaks
- Zero-day flaw in Macrovision DRM app under attack
- Getting Inventive With Software Patents
Liberty and Security/Our Rights
- Nasty PDF exploit runs wild
- Arrested hacks’ case dismissed amid public uproar
- Prior Permission From Government to be Required for Each Flight
- Verisign to Profit from Rootserver Data?
- What’s at Stake in the Surveillance Debate in Congress
- Attacks Aimed at Personal Data Soar
- Verizon Busted For ‘Unlimited’ Marketing
- Comcast to face lawsuits over BitTorrent filtering
- KPN completes Getronics takeover
- SCO still wants to waste cash on lawyers
- Vista deludes itself into thinking driver upgrades are major changes
- The Gap in Mukasey’s Testimony