I finished writing the hours-minutes-seconds calculator (HMSCalc) in C# under Mono. I would have been finished a couple of days ago, except that I couldn’t get a particular function to work. So I left it out.
The function in question is a button to allow you to copy the calculator result to the system clipboard. In the documentation, there is a Clipboard class that says “do this”, but in real life the property they are talking about using does not exist. Why? Because I am using Mono 1.1 and the document is for Mono 2. I wish they would have said that it much larger type.
I hope to get back to work on outdoor tasks this weekend. I still have to install the new brake master cylinder in the Plymouth, and we have a bunch of potholes up by the county road that need filling. Should be a busy weekend.
Silly sign of the day:
Free/Open Source Software
- SAM Linux 2007 targets older, underpowered PCs
- Linux grabs 30% of China’s fast-growing smartphone market
- Go Daddy Donates to Open Source
- The Lonely Voice of Dissent at Novell’s BrainShare
- GNU/Linux on the desktop: a modest business proposal
- RIAA Balks At Complying With Document Order
- Music publishers accuse XM of copyright infringement
- Universities get miffed with RIAA
- Worst Company in America
- RIAA Updates Mission Statement to Reflect Priorities
Stupid Patent Tricks, DRM and Other IP Nonsense
- DMCA takedown backlash: EFF sues Viacom over Colbert parody clip
- Microsoft Says Alcatel-Lucent Infringed Patents
- Fighting torture with copyright
- Judge halts patent case against Palm
- Viacom Sued Over YouTube Parody Removal
- U.S. Judge Blocks 1998 Online Porn Law
- E-Vote Memo Is a ‘Smoking Gun’
- Borders to close many stores, start own Web retailing
- Attackers Target Gamers with Spyware
- No Security Breach, Says Microsoft
- Windows beats Mac OS X on security says report – Want to buy a bridge?
- TSA Employees Accused of Thefts at LAX – Your security at work.
- OpenBSD’s Theo de Raadt talks software security
- The sorry state of security software
- FBI Violations May Number 3,000, Official Says
- MPs probe ‘surveillance society’
- FBI illegal use of eavesdropping powers: not just national security letters
- Son of TIA Will Mine Asian Data
- Bush Paves the Way for Martial Law
- My National Security Letter Gag Order
- Who’s watching the president?