I’ve been cleaning up a bunch of stuff at home. I mailed my tax returns in, balanced my checkbook and did a bunch of cleaning. I also started hanging some dry wall.
I haven’t done the checkbook thing in 17 months. It was off by $5.90, of which about $5.70 was interest. I’m pretty good at correctly entering stuff into the register.
I downloaded another Linux distro. This one’s called Lunar Linux, and it’s a source code distro. Whatever you want to be included, you compile and install. Sounds like a lot of work, but I don’t think it will be.
Silly sign of the day:
Free/Open Source Software
- Is there a secret story behind the Novell/Microsoft deal?
- Cuba Embraces Open-Source Software
- Interoperability, choice and Open XML – spot the odd one out
- Linux vendors gang up for enterprise
- Novell: OpenOffice is key
- Free Book – Advanced LInux Programming
- FCC report: TV violence should be regulated
- MPAA Steals Code, Violates Linkware License
- MPAA Update (Stolen Code)
- New weapon in Web war over piracy
- Hip-Hop Outlaw (Industry Version)
Stupid Patent Tricks, DRM and Other IP Nonsense
- Patent Reform: Beware of Unintended Consequences
- DRM Industry Gets Defensive Over Steve Jobs’ Comments
- Disney Loses Court Ruling Over Winnie the Pooh Rights
- Congress Tackles Patent Reform
- How to Explain DRM to Your Dad
- Artifact: Zero tolerance for silly pictures
- Ballmer downplays Vista sales
- Microsoft dirty tricks that were never revealed
- McCain: Roe v. Wade should be overturned
- Science finding ways to regrow fingers
- Microsoft Hicks Take Backward Stand On Interoperability
- Microsoft’s Ballmer Blames Poor Vista Sales On Piracy – It couldn’t be that Vista is crap? Nah…
- DirectRevenue to Pay Back ‘Spyware’ Gains – A mere pittance; not punishment at all.
- Firefox Flaw Could Let Attackers Change Cookies
- Did MS’ Malware Protection Engine Stall?
- 26 Americans, mostly CIA agents, charged for kidnapping in Italy
- Homeland Security RFID Declaration Means Little
- Don’t give the government your identity