I have all the pictures back up as slideshows in the BLOGical Section Teardrop Trailers. The final slideshow I did was for the 2006 Car D Lane car show.
I have installed another Linux distro on a small HP machine I have. It’s called SME Server and it provides Samba, web and database server functions on my LAN. My only problem with it is in configuration. It doesn’t appear to have an ftp server and does not support ssh or telnet, so there’s no way to get into it to change content. I am investigating further.
Silly sign of the day:
Free/Open Source Software
- Fluendo makes proprietary codecs available to Linux users
- Forget iPhone, hail OpenMoko, the true revolution
- Use GNU/Linux and help save the planet
- Ten big Dutch cities demand open standards
- Samba share permissions simplified
- Digital music sales doubled in 2006
- Documentary Forces MPAA To Make Changes
- isoHunt Comatose, RIAA, MPAA Responsible?
Stupid Patent Tricks, DRM and Other IP Nonsense
- A DVD copy protection is overcome by hackers
- Telecommuting’s patently obvious gains
- US Congress seeks to add DRM to podcasts
- All Hail DRM!
- Copyright Law And The Assault On Innovation
- President Bush signs bill banning pretexting – So, I wonder what kind of signing statement he published with this one?
- Comes v. MS: Plaintiffs Get Right to Inform US DOJ of Alleged MS Noncompliance on APIs
- Verizon Makes Canceling Over Their Txt Msg Hike Impossible
- Vista Security: A Petulant Child
- U.S. civilians can face military trials
- Worms own Symantec users
- Attack code out for ‘critical’ Windows flaw
- BitThief Spies on their Users
- Pentagon Viewing Americans’ Bank Records
- What’s the White House Doing to Prosecutors?
- Pentagon and CIA snooping Americans’ financial records