I missed the Lunar Group meeting last night because of the snow. I have to start attending that again, as I may need a new job by the middle of the year. I don’t really expect to be allowed to work from home longer than that.
Actually, this working at home like a hermit could get very old very fast. A nice job in an office would go just fine for me.
Silly sign of the day:
Free/Open Source Software
- Can FOSS save your privacy?
- The coming Linux storm
- Open-source software catalog draws fire from those snubbed
- Scribes editor focuses on the text
- Some Facts about openSUSE and Distrowatch Figures – A Correction
- Former SAG Executive Joins MPAA
- CES: Speaking of Extortion….
- Satire: RIAA Makes Big Donation to SETI Project; Hopes to Sue Aliens
- Default Judgment Issued against the Santangelos
Stupid Patent Tricks, DRM and Other IP Nonsense
- Creative Commons helps authors terminate copyright transfers
- Cisco sues Apple over use of iPhone name
- The open source patent war
- IBM Sets Record for Most U.S. Patents Earned in One Year – A very dubious honor.
- Exalead Gets U.S. Patent for Search by Serendipity(R) Process
- Vista is crap for gaming, bloke reckons
- New Video Game Legislation in Massachusetts…Drafted by Jack Thompson – Never underestimate the stupidity of government.
- President Bush Lifts Alaska Oil, Gas Drilling Ban
- ‘Craplets’ could damage Vista launch: Microsoft exec
- Paypal Doesn’t Want Slain Soldiers’ Families To Receive Aid
- GI Returns From Iraq to Find Belongings Sold
- Snow Falsely Claims That Bush Said ‘Just The Opposite’ Of ‘Mission Accomplished’
- Senator asks Bush to explain signing statement that gives President authority to open mail without warrant
- Canadian coins bugged, U.S. security agency says
- The Pinpoint Search
- Libraries are dangerous places
- CIA blocking Duke Cunningham investigation