After I posted my blog entry yesterday, I went down to the basement and discovered that the sump pump hose had worked its way out of the drain, so none of the water it was pumping was being pumped out. As a result there was 14 inches of water in the basement and it may have damaged everything down there. I put the hose back in the drain and this morning there is still water in the basement and the pump is still pumping.
To top things off, one of my UPS boxes failed yesterday. So I had to go down and get another one. It turns out the UPS was $20 cheaper at OfficeMax than it was at Walmart. I guess I’m not surprised. Anyway, everything that was on the UPS is back up and running (that includes my VOIP telephone link) except the PVR. I need to look at that, as there may be a problem with it (it usually runs 24/7).
I worked on the calendar page for the car club yesterday. There are so many events that I only got through the middle of July before I ran out of gas. I will continue to work on it this afternoon, after I get back from the gem show in Colville.
Silly sign of the day:
Free/Open Source Software
- Why your virtualization should be open-source
- DigitalOcean Raises $37.2M in New Funding to Build Cloud
- Linux Kernel Patching Gets Dynamic
- Make OpenStack speak your language
- Samsung Chromebook 2 will be powered by the Exynos 5 Octa processor
- Open source for Flanders’ Open Data Platform
- Sobell Compiles Top-Notch Practical Linux Guide
- Simplicity Linux 14.1 – A fresh take on Puppy Linux
- What Kinds of Computers Do You Use?
- Three open source markdown editors put to the test
- Evernote for Android Could Make the Pen Mighty Again
- pCell is only as good as the Linux it runs on
Security Theater/”Intellectual Property”
- International Music Organizations Claim Aereo Must Be Illegal Because Of International Trade Agreements
- Why DRM’ed coffee-pods may be just the awful stupidity we need
- Dish Cripples Hopper For ABC In Exchange For Internet Streaming Rights
- Cisco patches enterprise wireless vulns
- US drops web link sharing charges against journalist
- Natural Gas Utility Class Action Raises Privacy Issues
- Happy Mutant congressman: if Bitcoin should be banned, why not dollar bills?
- Middle Schoolers Win C-SPAN Prizes for NSA Documentaries
- Complaint: WIPO director illegally collected staff DNA in order to out whistleblower