I have taken over the coordination of Dutch oven events in this area from George Holcomb. George has Parkinson’s disease and it is getting the better of him at this point. He can no longer cook with Dutch ovens. Anyhow, the next event that was scheduled for local Dutch oven cooks was the Rathdrum Adventure Race on September 6th. Since the organizers were unable to get any community support for that demo, we are not participating in that event. The next event will probably be sometime next year.
This cancellation frees up that day for me, so I can go to the Dalton Gardens Car Show, sponsored by our car club, the Phuddy Duddy Cruisers. I went last year, but my car was not available, so I went in my truck and teardrop trailer, parking overnight and participating in the Dalton Gardens Picnic. This year I will take the car and trailer and my Dutch ovens so I can cook something tasty for the picnic.
Silly sign of the day:
Free/Open Source Software
- When Distros Go South
- Is distrohopping in Linux becoming a thing of the past?
- Getting Good Vibrations with Linux
- Vi IMproved
- Linux turns 23 and Linus Torvalds celebrates as only he can
- What makes your developers stick around?
- Tux Paint: Doing FOSS Right
- Convert from MP3 to WAV and WAV to MP3 using Linux Mint
- Open Source Software: Sailing Into Friendlier Seas
- Can we please stop talking about the Linux desktop? – No…
- LinuxCon Showcases Advances in Linux, Open Source
- Linux Has Run Out of Time
Security Theater/”Intellectual Property”
- “The Police Force is Watching the People”
- Copyright troll abuses DMCA in bid to censor his previous life as a troll-fighter
- D.C. defense attorneys want juveniles released from shackles in court
- Comcast tells government that its data caps aren’t actually “data caps”
- Music Group DMCA Notices Reveal Coffee Hatred
- Judicial Watch: DOJ Admits Lois Lerner’s E-mails Exist
- US courts trash a decade’s worth of online documents, shrug it off
- Google Adds 152 Patents To Its Non-Assertion Pledge
- Guy Claims Patent On Photographing People In Races And Then Selling Them Their Photos; Sues Photography Company